MONITOR – January 2015 Food Land Water Security Nexus in South Africa
Author: Augustus Consulting
Key Emerging Trends, Themes and Issues
• South Africa’s water crisis deepens.
• South African government to fast track land expropriation.
• Increase in farm attacks.
• Increase in land invasions.
• Drought becoming a serious problem in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Another fuel price hike on the horizon- AA
- Makhanda water situation critical- Gift of the Givers
- New agency set up to oversee water supply countrywide
- Land expropriation: Committee set to finalise bill on amendments to Constitution
- Research group denounces exorbitant, unethical increase in food prices during pandemic
- Fresh warning of ‘disruptive’ rains in Limpopo and Mpumalanga
- Load-shedding ‘cripples’ water operations in parts of Durban, leaving residents without a drop
- Child hunger on rise in SA due to new Covid-19 variant
- 2020 ends without formalisation of SA’s land reform plan
- Steep increase in petrol price predicted for January
- South Africans need to be water savvy, despite rain- Dept of Water & Sanitation
- Government announces R1 billion boost for subsistence farmers
There are no upcoming events.